Stroke & Coat is the premier product to use in the “One Fire” or “1-2-3 Step” method of decorating on bisque. Apply to bisque, let dry, clear glaze and fire, producing a finish that is almost fool proof for everyone from the amateur to the master ceramist.
If one coat is applied, you get transparent coverage, two coats give a semi-opaque coverage, and three coats give a solid coverage. The variety of colors is not limited to the palette given, as all are intermixable to obtain intermediate shades.
When applied heavily the color will retain some dimensional qualities that give the decorator a useful tool in a variety of techniques. They can also be applied over any non-moving glaze, underglaze, or Astro Gem™ surface. When thinned Stroke and Coat is applied on top of a Series 2000 Matte surface in a brushstroke design or watercolor technique, Stroke & Coat takes on the underlying matte characteristic of the glaze. Two to three coats on top of a Series 2000 Matte glaze will give a shinier surface.
• Apply to properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque.
• Apply one coat for a translucent look. Apply three coats for solid opaque coverage.
• All are intermixable to create a wider color palette.
• True color out of the jar makes design work easier.
• Use a soft glaze brush for ease of application.
• Apply smooth even coats for solid coverage. Dimensional or embossed effects can be achieved when applied heavily.
• Glaze with any clear glaze, dipping or brush-on type.
• Fire to shelf cone 06.
• Dinnerware safe when used with a dinnerware approved clear glaze.
• All luster compatible.
• Can be fired up to shelf cone 6. Check High Fire Guide.
• SC-69 Princess Pink and SC-70 Pink-a-Dot are more translucent than the rest of the Stroke & Coat.
These colors may take 4 coats to achieve opaque coverage.
• Speckled Stroke & Coat performs in the same manner and has the same characteristics
as the opaque Stroke & Coat line.
Important: SC-13 Grapel and SC-33 Fruit of the Vine should have either C-101 Blu White Clear, C-105 Crystal Clear, C-109 Wonder Clear Dipping or SC-209 Clearly-the-Best Clear glaze applied over them to produce the brightest and clearest color. Some non-toxic clear glazes can turn the color milky.