| Continental Clay Bodies
Clay & Glaze Chemicals
Glaze - Continental Clay
Glaze - Amaco
Glaze - Mayco
Glaze - Duncan
Glaze - Spectrum
Glaze - Amaco, Duncan, Mayco, Spectrum
Underglaze - Continental Clay
Underglaze - Amaco
Underglaze - Duncan
Underglaze - Mayco
Underglaze - Spectrum
Mason & Spectrum Stains
Shelves & Firing Accessories
Large Studio Equipment
Molds & Moldmaking
Classroom Art Tables, Cabinets, Workstations & Stools
School, Studio Specials & Discounts
Small Studio Equipment & Tools
Glaze Mixing Accessories
Firing & Studio Safety
Studio Safety & Cleaning
Eye Protection, Masks, Respirators
Handbuilding Aids - Rolling Pins
Glaze Sprayers, Mixers & Sieves
Measurement - Scales, Decorating Disks
Giffin Grips - Grinders
Dust Masks / Goggles
Cleaning / Storage
Modeling Sculpting Taxidermy
Display Accessories - Acrylic Stands
Decorative & Faux Finishes
Additives / Resists / Repair
Magazines, Posters, Videos
Bisque Tile & Supplies
/ / SlabMat
What is SlabMat?
SlabMat is a proprietary non-woven fabric that provides a smooth surface for clay work. Unlike canvas, SlabMat has no weave for clay dust to sift through, and therefore is cleaner for studio use.
• HandBuilding mats are pre-cut to convenient sizes.
• Avoid clay body contamination - use separate pieces of SlabMat for each type or color of clay
• For hand building, or slabs rolled out with a rolling pin, you may use one piece of SlabMat. If your table is slick, use a piece of rubber shelf liner under the SlabMat to keep it from sliding.
• For long slabs (>23") on a slab roller, use two full-length sheets of SlabMat with the clay sandwiched in between. SlabMat can also be used in combination with canvas to get one side textured and one smooth. Place the canvas on the bottom for it to absorb the most water.
• For shorter slabs (<23") on a slab roller, use one piece of full size SlabMat folded in half with the clay sandwiched in between the folded mat. Note: If you use this technique for rolling, the crease in the mat is permanent
• Handbuilding Mats are made of the same material as the full-sized SlabMats. They are ideal for hand construction projects. Available in a 12 mat set (12 x 14) or individually 14 x 16" and 16 x 22"
• SlabMats are available in 7 sizes: Narrow to Wide to fit most slab roller models.
/ / SlabMat